First Snow for Some!

Bula,
My name is Elder Kaumaitotoya.  I am currently serving a mission in Stayton, Oregon, of the Oregon Eugene Mission. I am from the Fiji Islands, a place where the weather is warm and always bright.  I had never seen snow before.  My first experience in the show was on the 17th of January 2012.  My companion (Elder Kane) and I built this great huge snowman.  The experience was fun and awesome.  The snow looked like vanilla ice cream falling from the sky.  The members we live with (Bro. & Sis. Graham) told me that you can eat the fresh snow, but not yellow snow.  I did not know what they meant until one of the dogs showed us.
The weather and climate may seem a lot different to what I am used to, but the gospel of the Savior is definitely the same.  It is amazing to see how our Heavenly Father loves all his children from all over the world.
I know the Lord’s kingdom is restored and I am grateful to be a part of it.  I know this to be true because of the book of Mormon.  It is a living evidence that the God we worship is a God of miracles.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment